FinePix JZ250 and JZ100 Provide Strong Feature Set with 8x Zoom, HD Movie and Big, Bright LCD Screens
Valhalla, N.Y., January 5, 2012 – FUJIFILM North America Corporation today announced the launch of two new compact digital cameras – the highly-portable FinePix JZ250 and JZ100. These easy-to-use cameras contain robust features that include fast start up and auto focus speeds, high resolution sensors, FUJINON 8x zoom lenses (25-200mm), 720p HD at 30 frames per second (fps) movie capabilities and large, bright LCD screens all in a body that is easy to carry everywhere that you go. The JZ-Series also now feature optical image stabilization to further improve image results in more shooting situations.
These FinePix digital cameras are perfect for consumers on a budget, but looking for a compact long-zoom who aren’t willing to sacrifice great image quality. The FinePix JZ250 and JZ100 have wide-ranging lenses that enable users to capture everything from beautiful wide-angle shots to stunning images of distant objects. At the other end of the scale, both cameras offer a close-focusing distance of 5cm, which enables users to shoot beautiful macro images that fill the frame with detail and vibrant colors.
“With the JZ250 and the JZ100, you get multi-talented, compact digital cameras that are packed with features such as fast start-up and auto focus speeds, Optical Image Stabilization and Tracking Auto Focus that come together to deliver high-quality photos,” said David Troy, director of marketing, Digital Cameras, Electronic Imaging Division, FUJIFILM North America Corporation. “When you add in everything else that the FinePix JZ250 and JZ100 have to offer, like their big, brightened LCD screens, reliable and rechargeable Li-ion battery power and Smile and Blink Detection, you get a camera that provides great pictures at a great value.”
The FinePix JZ250 has a 16-MegaPixel CCD sensor, an 8x FUJINON optical zoom lens (25-200mm) and a big 3.0” LCD screen that has been brightened for 2012, along with Li-ion battery power for convenience. The 14-Megapixel FinePix JZ100 features the same versatile 8x FUJINON optical zoom lens (25-200mm) with a bright 2.7” LCD screen and rechargeable Li-ion battery for dependable power on the go.
Shoot and Share
With their dedicated movie recording button, the FinePix JZ250 and JZ100 each capture stunning 720p HD movies, allowing you to show off your exciting pictures and movies to your family and friends on any HD ready television (or home PC), using the optional HD Player (HDP-L1) accessory kit with wireless remote (HDMI cable not included).
i-Flash Intelligent Flash
The JZ-Series now feature an advanced flash control system that efficiently controls the level of flash for a given exposure to produce beautifully balanced flash illumination across the foreground and background.
Other features include:
• Smile/Blink Detection: Smile Detection recognizes the moment your subject smiles and releases the shutter only when this happens, ensuring a happy photo every time. Additionally, the Blink Detection function warns you if any of your subjects have blinked so that you can re-take the photo if necessary.
• Face Detection and Automatic Red-eye Removal: To provide perfectly exposed and focused portrait shots, the cameras are fitted with Fujifilm’s latest Face Detection technology which is able to track up to 10 faces simultaneously. The system instantly corrects red-eye and then saves both the original and the corrected image file automatically.
• Scene Recognition Auto (SR AUTO): This mode intelligently identifies the scene type and necessary shooting conditions to optimize picture perfect potential.
• Tracking Auto Focus (AF): Tracks fast moving subjects so they don’t escape from the frame in a blur. Subjects will be tracked automatically for as long as it is kept in the frame and the shutter is half-pressed; when users fully press the shutter button your subject will be in the centre of the photo in perfect focus.
• Advanced Image Search: Advanced Image Search allows users to find all images taken in a particular scene mode (e.g. Portraits and Landscapes) ensuring faster photo navigation.
• Li-ion Battery: Long-life rechargeable Li-ion battery for extended shot life, charger included.
The JZ250 and JZ100 will be available in March 2012 for $149.95 and $129.95, respectively, and in black.
NOTE: For more information, please go to: www.FujifilmUSA.com/CES2012.
For complete camera specifications, please go to: http://www.fujifilm.com/products/digital_cameras/.
FUJIFILM North America Corporation, a marketing subsidiary of FUJIFILM Holdings America Corporation, consists of five operating divisions and one subsidiary company. The Imaging Division sells consumer and commercial photographic products and services including film, one-time-use cameras, online photo services and fulfillment, digital printing equipment and service. The Electronic Imaging Division markets consumer digital cameras. The Motion Picture Division provides motion picture film, and the Graphic Systems Division supplies products and services to the printing industry. The Optical Devices Division provides binoculars, and optical lenses for closed circuit television, videography, cinematography, broadcast and industrial markets. FUJIFILM Canada Inc. markets a range of Fujifilm products and services. For more information, please visit www.fujifilm.com/northamerica, or go to www.twitter.com/fujifilmus to follow Fujifilm on Twitter. To receive news and information direct from Fujifilm via RSS, subscribe at www.fujifilmusa.com/rss.
FUJIFILM Holdings Corporation, Tokyo, Japan, brings continuous innovation and leading-edge products to a broad spectrum of industries, including electronic imaging, digital printing equipment, medical systems, life sciences, graphic arts, flat panel display materials, and office products, based on a vast portfolio of digital, optical, fine chemical and thin film coating technologies. The company was among the top 16 companies around the world granted U.S. patents in 2010, and in the year ended March 31, 2011, had global revenues of $25.8 billion*. Fujifilm is committed to environmental stewardship and good corporate citizenship. For more information, please visit www.fujifilmholdings.com.
* At an exchange rate of 86 yen to the dollar.
For more information, please contact:
All product and company names herein may be trademarks of their registered owners.