FinePix AV200, AX300 and JV200 Provide Strong Feature Set at a Great Value
Valhalla, N.Y., January 5, 2011 – FUJIFILM North America Corporation today announced the launch of three new entry-level FinePix compact digital cameras that include the FinePix AV200, AX300 and JV200. These easy-to-use cameras contain robust features that include high resolution sensors, powerful zoom and HD movie 720p capabilities, all at an affordable price.
These FinePix digital cameras are perfect for consumers on a budget, but not looking to sacrifice great image quality, and offer additional advanced features including: Automatic Scene Recognition, Face Detection, Motion Panorama Mode and more to ensure fantastic pictures in every situation.
“With these entry level digital cameras, Fujifilm is packing in many features such as Digital Image Stabilization and Tracking Auto Focus that are helpful in taking quality photos,” said David Troy, director of marketing, Digital Cameras, Electronic Imaging Division, FUJIFILM North America Corporation. “When you add in other features like Smile/Blink Detection and i-Flash Intelligent Flash, you get a camera that provides great pictures at a great value.”
The FinePix AV200 and JV200 have a 14-MegaPixel CCD sensor and a 3x FUJINON optical zoom lens, and the 14-Megapixel FinePix AX300 features a versatile 5x FUJINON optical zoom lens (35mm equivalent). You can rest assured that whichever model you choose, the resolution sensors and top quality FUJINON optics combined with the high sensitivity settings (up to ISO 3200 in S mode) will deliver sharp, clear images in almost every shooting condition. All models feature a 2.7” 230K resolution LCD, plus Digital Image Stabilization technology to compensate for image blur caused by hand shake or subject movement, and ensure that you always get a great picture, especially in low light settings.
Shoot and Share
Each new camera captures stunning 720p HD movies, allowing you to show off your impressive pictures and movies to your family and friends on any HD ready television (or home PC), using the optional HD Player (HDP-L1) accessory kit with wireless remote (HDMI cable not included).
Advanced Image Search
All these cameras have an Image Search feature that allows you to find all images taken in a particular scene mode (e.g. Portraits and Landscapes) ensuring it is much faster to navigate through the photos on your camera.
Other features include:
• Smile/Blink Detection: Smile Detection recognizes the moment your subject smiles and releases the shutter only when this happens, ensuring a happy photo every time. Additionally, the Blink Detection function warns you if any of your subjects have blinked so that you can re-take the photo if necessary.
• i-Flash Intelligent Flash: A flash control system which efficiently controls the level of flash for a given exposure to produce beautifully balanced flash illumination across the foreground and background. Gone are the ugly washout shots where the subject is blasted with light and the background dark and
• Face Detection and Automatic Red-eye Removal: To provide perfectly exposed and focused portrait shots, the cameras are fitted with Fujifilm’s latest Face Detection technology which is able to track up to 10 faces simultaneously. The system instantly corrects red-eye and then saves both the original and the corrected image file automatically.
• Scene Recognition Auto (SR AUTO): This mode intelligently identifies the scene type and necessary shooting conditions to optimize picture perfect potential.
• Tracking Auto Focus (AF): Tracks fast moving subjects so they don’t escape from the frame in a blur. Subjects will be tracked automatically for as long as it is kept in the frame and the shutter is half-pressed; when users fully press the shutter button your subject will be in the centre of the photo in perfect focus.
• Motion Panorama Mode: Automatically stitches up to three shots to create a panoramic picture
• AA-Battery Power (AV200, AX300): Using AA batteries is convenient for on-the-go digital camera users as it eliminates the need to charge battery packs, allowing for lots of picture-taking and the ease of battery replacement.
• Li-ion Battery (JV200): Long-life rechargeable Li-ion battery for extended shot life, charger included.
All cameras will be available in February 2011. The AV200 will be available in silver for $89.95, the AX300 will be available in black at $99.95 and the JV200 will be available in black for $109.95.
NOTE: For complete camera specifications, please go to: http://www.fujifilm.com/products/digital_cameras/
FUJIFILM North America Corporation, a marketing subsidiary of FUJIFILM Corporation, consists of five operating divisions and one subsidiary company. The Imaging Division sells consumer and commercial photographic products and services including film, one-time-use cameras, online photo services and fulfillment, digital printing equipment and service. The Electronic Imaging Division markets consumer digital cameras. The Motion Picture Division provides motion picture film, and the Graphic Systems Division supplies products and services to the printing industry. The Optical Devices Division provides binoculars, and optical lenses for closed circuit television, videography, cinematography, broadcast and industrial markets. FUJIFILM Canada Inc. markets a range of Fujifilm products and services. For more information, please visit www.fujifilm.com/northamerica, or go to www.twitter.com/fujifilmus to follow Fujifilm on Twitter. To receive news and information direct from Fujifilm via RSS, subscribe at www.fujifilmusa.com/rss.
FUJIFILM Holdings Corporation, Tokyo, Japan, brings continuous innovation and leading-edge products to a broad spectrum of industries, including electronic imaging, digital printing equipment, medical systems, life sciences, graphic arts, flat panel display materials, and office products, based on a vast portfolio of digital, optical, fine chemical and thin film coating technologies. The company was among the top 20 companies around the world granted U.S. patents in 2009, and in the year ended March 31, 2010, had global revenues of $23.5 billion*. Fujifilm is committed to environmental stewardship and good corporate citizenship. For more information, please visit www.fujifilmholdings.com.
*At an exchange rate of 93 yen to the dollar.
For more information, please contact:
All product and company names herein may be trademarks of their registered owners.