New Service Offering Provides Technical Support Beyond Photo Sector
Valhalla, N.Y., April 14, 2009 – FUJIFILM U.S.A., Inc. today announced the full-scale expansion of its Technical Services and Support division, which will provide on-site and remote support and assistance to commercial and retail businesses of all sizes reaching beyond the photo sector it has been serving for more than twenty-five years. The new venture will offer services and support for equipment installation, helpdesk support and remote diagnostics, field repair services, upgrade and deployment projects, parts support, depot repair and customer training.
“It is our goal to offer a cost-effective solution for retailers who don’t necessarily require a full-time staff, and to commercial businesses who want to implement new technical services, or enhance those that are already in place," said Ron Santos, vice president of Technical Services, FUJIFILM U.S.A., Inc. “Our staff is trained to manage assignments of all sizes, positioning Fujifilm as a well-resourced, full-service solutions provider whose efforts will help customers achieve quantifiable business results.”
Since 1983, Fujifilm has been providing technical services and support throughout the photo imaging industry. The Fujifilm Technical Services and Support Division will be led by Ron Santos who has been with the company since 2003 and is a 42 year industry veteran and former Vice President of Technical Services and Support – America’s for the Printing Systems Division for IBM Services. The division will continue working within the photo lab environment, and will leverage its industry expertise to extend beyond the photo imaging market to businesses seeking support for self-service kiosk of all kinds, advanced vending machine systems, digital signage, cash registers, servers, and printers.
The full range of services provided by Fujifilm’s Technical Services and Support division includes:
• Training Services – Full-service direct technical and non-technical training to end users, customer technicians, sales staff and dealers delivered onsite or remotely. Services include needs assessment, coaching and teaching of technical and interpersonal skills and technical writing for documentation.
• Installation Services – Full-service installation utility designed to manage equipment and software installation as well as hardware modifications and upgrades, software patches and updates, logistics, installation support, and on site customer training during installation.
• Field Technical Services – Experienced staff of national Technical Services Representatives to service products or augment customers’ own support staff through Fujifilm’s business alliance with Customer Engineering Services (CES).
• Helpdesk Support Services – Comprehensive assistance to meet customers’ demands and requirements for flexible, rapid, high-quality and user-friendly helpdesk support.
• Depot Repair Services – Comprehensive repair and advanced exchange services for clients with products that require specialized handling or are best serviced out of the field.
• Parts Services – Customized inventory management systems and logistics support.
More information on Fujifilm’s Technical Service and Support division can be found at: http://www.fujifilmusa.com/service, or by calling 800-659-3854, ext. 3142.
FUJIFILM U.S.A. Inc. is a marketing subsidiary of FUJIFILM Corporation, Tokyo, Japan, providing digital and analog photographic Imaging Systems and Motion Picture Film products and services to consumers, professionals and businesses. For more information on Fujifilm U.S.A. products, customers can call 800-800-FUJI or visit www.fujifilmusa.com. To receive news and information direct from Fujifilm U.S.A. via RSS, subscribe free at www.fujifilmusa.com/rss.
FUJIFILM Corporation (NASDAQ:FUJI) brings continuous innovation and leading-edge products to a broad spectrum of industries, including electronic imaging, photofinishing equipment, medical systems, life sciences, graphic arts, flat panel display materials, and office products, based on a vast portfolio of digital, optical, fine chemical and thin film coating technologies. The company was among the top 15 companies around the world granted U.S. patents in 2008, employs more than 70,000 people worldwide and in the year ended March 31, 2008, had global revenues of $24.7 billion. Fujifilm is committed to environmental stewardship and good corporate citizenship. For more information, please visit www.fujifilmholdings.com.
For more information, please contact:
Text 100 Public Relations
All product and company names herein may be trademarks of their registered owners.