Since Fujifilm's founding in 1934 as a photographic film manufacturer, we have expanded to become an innovative leader in a variety of business fields.
Learn More About Fujifilm's Corporate History
Learn More About Fujifilm's Innovation History
About Fujifilm - FUJIFILM Holdings America Corporation
FUJIFILM Holdings America Corporation is the holding company for U.S.-based Fujifilm companies operating in 27 states and engaged in the research, development, manufacture, sale and service of Fujifilm products. The company serves a broad spectrum of industries in the U.S. including medical and life sciences, electronic, chemical, graphic arts, information systems, motion picture, broadcast, and photography.
About Fujifilm - Fujifilm. expect INNOVATION
Fujifilm has more than 75 years of history of innovation and leadership in the photographic industry, and during that time we have raised the bar in R&D – and our customers’ expectations. The outside world expects more from Fujifilm, because we are a leader. They expect advancement…ingenuity…and…
To achieve this goal, Fujifilm is employing its highly versatile fundamental core technologies that are grounded in the development of fine, high quality photographic products, and is now using them to create the products and services for new businesses that will shape the future for Fujifilm, and enhance the quality of people’s lives worldwide.
JUST WHEN YOU THOUGHT YOU KNEW US…
AND YOU THOUGHT WE WERE JUST THE WORLD’S LARGEST FILM AND IMAGING COMPANY.
- The Fujifilm J Press 720 has set the bar for high-quality, short-run printing. Employing Fujifilm core technologies, the J Press 720, including Dimatix drop-on-demand inkjet print heads, is the industry’s first half-size, sheet-fed inkjet press that delivers a cost-effective, green solution with unrivaled printing quality.
- In 1988, Fujifilm created the world's first digital camera to capture and record images on removable media. In 2009, it made the world's first 3D digital camera; and in 2011, Fujifilm redefined the high end compact digital camera with the world's first hybrid viewfinder, a FUJINON lens, and a large APS CMOS sensor for unsurpassed image quality.
- Fujifilm's cutting edge technology, Double Balloon Endoscopy®, revolutionized endoscopic treatment of the small bowel, while our HD platform is designed to ensure the highest level of diagnostic and therapeutic results. These technologies enhance the practice of endoscopy for healthcare professionals and the patients they treat.
- FUJINON lenses are everywhere, and they are helping to create all types of images, from images of the Moon, to your favorite movies, TV shows and sporting events, and even to the latest 3D Hollywood blockbuster.
- Based on years of research and development, Fujifilm conducts clinical biopharmaceutical research and development for new drugs to fight illnesses such as Influenza and Alzheimer’s. Fujifilm is also a leading contract biomanufacturing organization that develops new drugs to combat illnesses such as cancers and rare diseases.
- Fujifilm’s innovative NANOCUBIC coating technology with Barium-Ferrite particles has resulted in breakthrough data storage capabilities of up to 35.0 Terabytes on a single tape cartridge – that’s the equivalent of text from 35 million books requiring 248 miles of bookshelves.
- The hulls of freighters and other maritime vessels and structures must be kept clean to reduce drag, optimize energy costs and reduce the time spent in dry dock. Fujifilm developed a non-toxic, silicone-based coating that incorporates nanotechnology, which does just that.
- Today, you see printed images on almost any surface, from the foods you eat to ceramics, paper, and wood. Fujifilm’s nano particle fluids for high performance printing and micro precision inkjet print heads help to make this possible.
- Fujifilm is a recognized leader in world class manufacturing. Across North America, Fujifilm facilities produce a broad range of products from photographic and graphic arts products and chemicals, to the newly acquired biopharmaceutical manufacturing facility whose expertise provides pharmaceutical companies with a faster way to bring their products to market.
- Semiconductors are required in almost every industry. Fujifilm has developed one of the broadest lines worldwide of materials and equipment for semiconductor customers, making it possible to foster greater innovation among the world’s leading device makers, and earning recognition for these efforts over the past several years.
- When Fujifilm invented Digital x-ray, it not only gave physicians access to view exceptional images, anytime, anywhere, it also created the foundation for advanced 3D imaging applications and lower radiation dose.
- Fujifilm’s propriety Image Intelligence software is incorporated into Fujifilm’s photo printing technology, and even medical imaging equipment – providing enhancement, and recognition for corrections within images, to deliver the highest quality images possible.
- In 2011, for the third year in a row, the Academy Award® given by the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences for Best Picture went to a film that was captured on FUJIFILM color negative motion picture film.